Wyoming is currently hiring a full time, permanent Data Analyst (graduate) to assist the analytics team. This role is heavily involved in data management, modelling, analysis and data visualisation, but also application development to turn insights into software apps and products.
The role will be creating data insight to help solve real world problems for our clients. This might be to improve quality in drug development, improve yield in manufacturing, reduce toxicity in waste treatment, improve efficiency of diagnostic tools, improve effectiveness of customer engagement strategies, improve commercial outcomes, and the like.
Typical projects follow a process of Discover, Assess, Plan, Execute & Sustain. Client outcomes at these process steps might be Requirements, Proof of Concept, Proof of Value, Scale up/ Scale out and Support.
This role reports to the Head of Consultancy.
- Good understanding of data management – manipulating various formats, dealing with imperfect data and preparing data flows for analysis;
- Good understanding of data structures, including relational and non-relational database systems
- Good understanding of mathematics principles and statistical methods with a solid analytical approach to problem solving
- Experience working with common data manipulation tools, e.g. R, Python & SQLentor other members of the team;
- Experience building dashboards, reports and visualisations for extracting insights from large data sets, using tools such as R, R Shiny, Plotly, etc.
- Experience using common software such as Excel, Tableau, PowerBI, Google Data Studio
- Experience using third party analytics tools such as Google Analytics
Scope of Role
- Collaborate with the creative and account teams to deliver great digital projects, on time and on specification
- Take time to apply context to data analysis to help non-technical colleagues understand datasets and exploit them to create client outcomes
- Design and build processes to extract, clean and manipulate data to form an analysis base
- Connect to third-party platforms using various APIs and consume external data for incorporation into models
- Develop training materials and demonstrations for clients
- Participate in discovery sessions to understand project requirements and assist with documentation and validation of same
- Develop proofs of concept to guide future development
- Assist with model development
- Assist with report creation
- Assist with dashboard and visualisation creation
- Maintain working knowledge of analytical processes & workflows, dashboard & visualisation tools and data manipulation tools
- Maintain well-documented code
- Competitive salary
- Bonus opportunities
- Regular fun company activities
- Learning opportunities
- This role is based in central Edinburgh but likely will require occasional work at client sites and that will involve travel (likely no more than 10% of work time)
- This role will involve occasional presenting to clients and colleagues and candidates should be comfortable with conducting themselves professionally and competently in such a setting
- Under normal circumstances, the role is office based but during the current period, home working is enforced – in later periods, occasional home working may be available
If you think you fit the bill, please click the link below.Send us your CV